Nicolaus Preissner has been a partner at Flügel Preissner Schober Seidel since 2002. The main focus of his activities lies in the fields of mechanical engineering, automotive technology, medical technology, process technology, automation technology and aerospace technology.
Nicolaus Preissner advises large and medium-sized firms with international activities with regard to all aspects of intellectual property protection. He has acquired a great deal of experience in obtaining and defending German and European patents before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the European Patent Office and also in the enforcement of patent rights in cases of infringement before national courts. He also has extensive experience in obtaining and defending trade marks before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Nicolaus Preissner studied process engineering at Karlsruhe University from 1980 to 1985 graduating as a Diplom-Ingenieur. Following his studies he worked as a project engineer at the Nuclear Research Centre in Karlsruhe.
He then went on to train as a patent attorney in Stuttgart, completing this successfully in 1990. He has been working as a patent attorney since 1991.
Main focus of activities (i.a.):
- Representation of a major, internationally active supplier of vibration technology for automobiles before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the European Patent Office.
- Representation of an internationally active manufacturer of storage elevators and storage systems before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the European Patent Office.
- Representation of a globally operating manufacturer of lifts and escalators in opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office.
- Representation of a manufacturer of medical technology products in opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office and in invalidity proceedings before the Federal Patent Court (BPatG) and the Federal Supreme Court (BGH) as well as in infringement proceedings before the Regional and Higher Regional Courts in Düsseldorf.
- mechanical engineering
- automotive technology
- medical technology
- process engineering
- measurement and control technology
- aviation and aerospace technology
- patent law
- utility models
- trade marks
- industrial designs
Registered professional titles
- Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- German (native)
- English (fluent)
- French (basic)